Gradalis focuses on training teachers, administrators and Boards in public and independent Waldorf schools. The Certified Teacher Training is uniquely designed to support the working teacher.
We train teachers for Early Childhood, Elementary Grades from 1st through 8th as well as training on working with children with special needs. Another area of concentration within the Teacher Training includes Educational Leadership–for school leaders who provide administrative support and other services. Get your teacher training while also gaining insights into your area of leadership within the school. We also offer Business Services and work with school Boards. Our students are a healthy cohort of both public and private Waldorf school teachers.
Gradalis teacher training offers:
- Early Childhood Education
- Elementary Grades 1-8, Waldorf Certification
- Working with Children with Special Needs
- Educational Leadership
We offer teacher mentoring and outside evaluators, bringing our expertise to your school! Our business services faculty are trained and experienced Waldorf educators as well as administrators.
- Gradalis Professional Waldorf Business Consulting Services including:
- Teacher Mentoring & Evaluation
- Professional Development & Training for Teachers
- Training for Administrators & Directors
- Training and Consultation for Boards in Waldorf Schools/Charters
- Strategic Planning
- Self Study Consultation
- Business Plan Development and/or Financial Feasibility Studies –
- Can be utilized for fund raising
- Can be used for bond submittals
- Bond Planning and Financing
- Teacher Mentoring and Outside Evaluation Services
- School Interim Substitutes for long-term subs when you lose a teacher mid-year (Call us if you’re in a difficult situation with the loss of a teacher. If we have an available master teacher, we’ll put you in touch so you can work out the details together.)
The Gradalis Approach – Certification
Our approach to teacher training makes it possible for schools to support training their teachers while they teach! Our cohorts bring teachers from across the country who share their experiences. Training together creates a unique and incomparable ‘Waldorf bond.’ Gradalis training unites faculty and community members through a common experience. Teachers gain an understanding of what lies behind Waldorf education while meeting daily challenges of teaching.
The training includes main lesson blocks support throughout the school year. Understanding the blocks and what lies behind them gives teachers confidence as they endeavor to provide Waldorf education to their own students while in training. It gives teachers the background for understanding what it means to be a Waldorf school!
We know it takes special people who are willing to strive and transform themselves to become true Waldorf educators. GRADALIS training weaves this development throughout the coursework so that it becomes deeply integrated into the life of our students.
For more details, see our Gradalis Program Overview for descriptions of the courses and topics covered in both training and professional development. The program includes pedagogical and Anthroposophical understandings. Insight and experience in the Arts transform and translate into teacher’s work both personally and professionally.
Our dedicated faculty and staff are here to assist with any questions and bring years of experience from public and private Waldorf schools. They are and have been class teachers, remedial teachers, and school leaders.
If your heart moves you to contribute to our scholarship fund for teachers in training, please go to our Friends of Gradalis 501(c)(3) page to find information on how to donate.
With a warm heart, we at Gradalis welcome you—sending blessings to all your future endeavors.
Donna Newberg-Long, Ph.D.
Gradalis Executive Director
for the Gradalis Staff
waldorf teacher training
Teaching Literacy in Waldorf Schools
Why the Waldorf approach aligns to research on how human beings acquire language.
by GRADALIS Instructor, Cristina Drews M.Ed.